Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Department

FTVFD Patch

808 Old Zelienople Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117

Phone: 724-758-3702
Fax: 724-758-7776

History

After a fire had destroyed the home of Lawrence McAllister in Frisco, Arthur Milnes and M.J. Norton of the Citizens League in Franklin Township called a meeting on February 25, 1935, to organize a fire department.

The meeting was held in the North Star School with Milnes as Chairman. Paul Thornhill was elected President and M.J. Norton, Chief of the new organization. The Charter for the Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Department was received March 3, 1935.

The first fire truck was delivered May 30, 1936, and the first building was a 50′ x 25′ frame structure on the site of the present building. The first meeting was held on June 12,1936 in the building.

Steve Bailey

Fire Chief

Alan Martino

Assistant Chief

John Battaglia

Captain

Nik Blobner

Captain

Corey Bailey

Lieutenant

Mark Banks

Lieutenant

Nik Blobner

VFD Board President

John Battaglia

VFD Board Vice President

Andy Shaffer

VFD Board Treasurer

Kristina Bailey

VFD Board Secretary

Andy Shaffer

Chaplain

Alan Martino

Relief Treasurer

Corey Bailey

Relief Secretary

Mark Banks

House Committee Chairman